- Download and Print the Rudiments from the Percussive Arts Society website
You will need software installed on your computer such as Foxit or Adobe to open and view these files.
- Check out this website: http://www.drumrudiments.com/
- Without using a metronome play each rudiment slowly, gradually speed up, then slow back down.
- Practice the rudiments with a metronome. Check out the tempo suggestions on pages 5-6 of the UNT Percussion Snare Syllabus
- Practice each rudiment at a variety of dynamic levels: pianissimo, piano, mezzo-piano, mezzo-forte, forte, fortissimo, etc.
- Play each rudiment on different parts of the drum set. Split the rudiments up between two different drums or cymbals, the flam rudiments are especially good for this.