Here are some things you can practice to get your jazz piano chords going.Print these documents out and create a binder where you can keep information like this as well as other music you are working on.
You will need software installed on your computer such as Foxit or Adobe to open and view these files.
- Download and save Jamey Aebersold’s Free Jazz Handbook
- Print out pages 50-51 “Piano Voicings”
The next documents by Bert Ligon are available free courtesy the University of South Carolina Jazz Theory and Jazz Improvisation Examples website.
- Overview of Piano Voicings
- Basic Blues Voicings for Bb and F Blues
- Two Hand Voice leading without Roots
- Start applying these concepts by learning tunes and reading chords out of a fakebook.
- Make up your own chord progressions.
- Play with other people!
Post a Comment